Between December 20-21, the training meeting of the initiative group (cluster) RO MD Wine Tourism Cluster Development took place, held at the IBIS STYLES Dunarea Galati hotel. This event was attended by representatives of:
- Galati travel agencies: GALTOUR Travel,
- Representatives of the wineries of the Republic of Moldova: Chateau Vartely, Gogu Winery, Vinia Traian, Purcari Wineries, Tomai Vinex, National Historical-Ethnographic Museum Moldova
- Sommelier: Wine O’Clock- Necula George Adrian, Costel Tarbuc- winery representative: Vladoi Family, Tohani Winery, Marcea Winery, Bratu Winery
- Academic center: Lower Danube University, Faculty of Food Science and Engineering Galati, Comrat State University, Moldova
- HORECA: Happy Skin SRL, Steramir SRL
- Mass-Media: Antidote, Galati Press
- Banking field: Romanian Credit and Investment Bank
The event presented the tourist routes identified by the project and the degree of immediate applicability, the role and importance of creating a cluster in the future development of Romania-Moldova cross-border tourist routes, the presentation of a statute for the initiative group and the signing ceremony of the group agreement. initiative formed within the project.
Professors of the Department of Economics (Comrat State University) and members of of the cluster (from the Republic of Moldova): Purcari Wines, Chateau Vartely Winery, Vinia Traian, GOGU Winery, Vinuri De Comrat, Tomai Vinex, participated in the implementation of the goals and objectives of the project “RO MD Cross Border Wine Tourism Cluster Development” (the project is implemented by the Center for Regional Development “STABILITY”, Comrat). The meeting of the founding members of the wine-wine cluster Romania (Galati, Vaslui and Iasi counties) and the Republic of Moldova took place between December 21-22, 2021 (Galati, Romana)
During the meeting, the proposals for the 2 tourist routes in Romania and 4 tourist routes in the Republic of Moldova were presented and the foundations were laid for cooperation between Romanian and Moldovan wine producers, sommelier, HORECA representatives, banking and tourism as founding members of the first Romania-Moldova wine cluster.
The meeting continued with the presentation of the status of the initiative group, the planning of the next steps in the implementation of the proposed objectives and the signing of the resolution of the cluster created within the project.